Our Top 5 Workouts You Can Do from Home in 2023
You've heard it before: "This year, I am going to exercise regularly".
Millions make the same resolution every January just to falter before Spring arrives. In 2023, we've got you covered!
Here's our top 5 workouts you can do from the comfort of your apartment home:
1. Bodyweight Squat Exercise Focus: Legs Start this exercise with your legs straight and shoulder-width apart. From here, bend your knees and move your butt backwards until your thighs are parallel to the ground. Once you have reached this point, move back to a standing position, ultimately completing one rep.
2. Push-Ups Exercise Focus: Chest This exercise begins with your hands on the ground and arms directly under your shoulders. Move down until your body is flat and parallel to the ground. Using your arms and chest, push back up until your arms are yet again under your shoulders.
3. Sit-Ups / Crunches Exercise Focus: Abs Lie down on your back, bend your legs, and place your feet on the ground to begin this exercise. With your lower body stabilized, cross your hands over your chest (or behind your head) and begin curling your upper body up to your knees. Crunches, a very similar exercise, involves the curling process with one's legs bent and in the air.
4. Jump Rope Exercise Focus: Cardio Time to work up a sweat. Jumping rope is a simple yet effective cardio exercise that can be done in tight spaces. Find a comfortable pace and stay on the balls of your feet to maintain rhythm and decrease the chances of injury.
5. Supermans Exercise Focus: Back Start by lying face down on the floor with your arms extended in front of you. Without moving your head, slowly lift your arms and legs off the floor until you feel your lower back muscles contracting. Hold this position for 2-3 seconds before lowering and beginning again.
Once you've mastered these exercises, remember that your community has a wonderful gym ready for you and your fellow residents to utilize!